Wednesday, January 23, 2019

This really is a beautiful place to live

I was hiking the Pinnacle Peak trail a couple days ago, which I try to do 2-3 times a week.  I can exercise anywhere, including at home, but I enjoy the PP trail for it's level of exercise and, of course, for the natural beauty.  There are many other trails in the area, and I have posted about them on various venues before.  They all have their attributes.  This isn't as much about this particular trail as it is the wonderful natural beauty of the Arizona desert.

While on this hike two I heard and saw a couple things that triggered my thoughts to write this.  I saw a family with a young boy who had a toss camera in his hands.  He stopped to take a picture, and took a few steps, wound the camera and took another.  This brought back fond memories of a trip our family took back in 2007.  My son had just gotten a new digital camera for his birthday and was very excited to use as we made our way through some of the national and state parks in northern AZ.  One stop was at the Petrified Forest.  As we made our way along the trail, my son was step, click...step, click...step, click.  While he loved the camera, it was truly nature that was captivating to him, and there are a few hundred pictures to document that.  On that trip we also visited the Painted Desert, the Grand Canyon, and a couple state parks that included cliff dwellings and lava flows.  We all really enjoyed it.

The second thing I heard on the Pinnacle trail was a young couple saying "it's amazing that this is all in our back yard.  It's a shame so many people who live here don't bother to explore what the Phoenix area has to offer". (A little paraphrasing on my part, but the sentiment is the same)

I couldn't agree more.  Whether it's the trails in the McDowell Mountain Preserve, The Phoenix Mountains Preserve or many others throughout the Phoenix metro area, there is much to behold.  I have seen families of deer, all kinds of lizards and much more on my hikes.  But it's not just our local area.  The state is full of wonders, from the Red Rocks of Sedona, to the Grand Canyon, and south to Karchner Caverns, the state is a wonderland.

Whether you live here, are just visiting, or want to move here, check out all of our natural resources!!  You won't regret it.

Adam Tarr PC
Mav Realty
480-236-7374

No comments:

Post a Comment